I collected the silk screen last Friday and had a quick lesson - it had been a while since I had done any screen printing.
My lovely Mum said she would give me a hand. We decided to change the ink I had been given to a water based non toxic ink.... we didn't want to be breathing in a few hours of overpowering ink fumes. And toxic ink just didn't sit well with us and my philosophy!
250 bags later, a couple of sore backs and only about 4 unusable bags we were finished!! Really pleased with the overall look of the bags, they are a wee bit rustic and you know they are printed by hand - not commercially done. Right in line with the handcrafted uniqueness of each Kete I create.
Check out the photos below of the process...